Thursday, January 13, 2011

PCA 5


I think this cartoon represents the attitudes of a lot of people around the time of Hitler's reign. They recognized that all he was doing was wrong and unjust, but since he was killing "foreign" people, then it was justified. These are the ideals that they passed down, which is probably why the cartoon shows a mother type figure reading to her children. This cartoon interested me because I think that quite a few people still have that kind of mind set, that harming others is acceptable if those who are being harmed don't look/think as you do. This could affect me because further on in life people I come across might believe it is acceptable to treat me in an unjust manner, simply because I don't fit into a preconceived notion of what they believe people should look/be/act like.