Friday, January 14, 2011

PCA 7


This cartoon is about the Summit that took place in Canada last year. It concetrates on the tax money used to pay for the security that was then used against the tax paying protestors, by showing the tax money being sprayed back into the person's face. I liked this cartoon because I saw the riots and protests that took place in Toronto around the time of the Summit, along with how(badly) the police were treating people. The issue shown here might affect me because eventually I will get a job and will start paying taxes, and it will be somewhat disheartening if I knew that the money I was paying in taxes to better the area/country I'm living in, was instead just being used to pay for police to beat people trying to take action against something they believed was wrong around them.